Sunday 10 May 2015

whirlwind round up-Made-Me-May week 1

My first year taking part in Made-Me-May

Day 1 - Leatherette skirt and animal print pink Tee -did the job for visiting a training centre to complete their quality audit   -
Skirt  made Dec 14 with Vogue 8749 
T-top Simplicity 1325
( and a note to self on how not to take selfies!)


Day 2 - Poached egg blouse for a relaxed Saturday  - Butterick 5711 pattern not really blog posted much on this but a lovely soft viscose 


Day 3 - You may (or may not) be aware that I have started making wrestling apparel! Double take.. yes you read correct wrestling wear, robes, trunks, singlets and tights! As I find it pretty hard to get RTW leggings long enough (not that I've bought RTW for so long now) I guessed I could make my own by using the Jalie pattern. So Sunday morn I ran up these funky knit leggings, just because I was inspired too and not that I wanted a MMM sew - unfortunately there wasn't as much stretch on-grain as there was cross-grain so the of risk builders bum when bending over increases - therefore I either don't ever bend or retain for toddling around the house only!



Day 4 - Nellies on parade top - Bank Holiday Monday sun was out to shoot the short video to advertise my over-locking workshop find it on FB





 Day 5 - Route 66 Jersey tee and baby cord skirt both Butterick patterns 5354-5649
can't believe I made this skirt nearly two years ago! and still going strong for a days sewing at home

Day 6 - Silk Dupion Cynthia Rowley skirt by Simplicity 2512- Pink chiffon Blouse Vogue 8857 and Burda 7184 cardigan for a busy day morning at the Studio then a drive out to complete another quality audit at an FE college.
Day 7 - A chilly day so a great excuse to wear my Robert Kaufman Flannel skirt, day & evening spent down at the studio with me Sewcial Sewers-pattern as the leatherette on day 1 Vogue  8749


And Finally Day 8 - my most favourite Spring tunic from Simplicity 1325 B out on the road for a trip to Worcester and more quality auditing 


Phew there it is then, a whirlwind round up of a busy week - I must say I've found it most interesting looking back over week one; its also been a great treat seeing other uploads on Instagram and found some other great sewers to follow :)
Same time next week then folks and have a great 2nd week in MMM`15 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment